WordPress Theme Design Competition
Competition drives innovation, and this WordPress theme design competition gives every web designer a chance to show the world (wide web) how good you really are. The winners of the 2007 DesignVitality WordPress Theme Design Competition will also get their share of over $1,500 in Cash and Prizes.
The Spoils of Victory (Prizes and Bragging Rights)
- Grand Prize Winner will receive $1,000 in cold hard cash. Ok Paypal, but same thing.
- The First Runner Up will receive a brand new 4GB Apple iPhone or a Nintendo Wii
- The Second Runner Up will receive 2 years of Free Web Hosting. You can host unlimited domains and you get 250GB of monthly transfer.
Not to mention the bragging rights, and the web-fame from having your entry voted to the top by thousands of DesignVitality viewers.
How the Winning WordPress Themes will Be Selected
You decide. Yes, you. This competition will be opened for voting once the application period is over on November 30th. Our viewers will be able to rate, and download their favorite themes from the competition gallery. You can subscribe to our RSS feed or get updates via email to be notified when you can vote for your favorite theme designs.
- You must design a new WordPress Theme specifically for this competition.
- The WordPress theme cannot be an old theme, and it cannot be posted anywhere online before we post it in the competition gallery.
- The theme for this design is to focus on a WordPress blog, and it must function seamlessly with WordPress 2.2.x and up
- Your WordPress theme may incorporate plugins, but the plugins must be listed in the WordPress.org Plugin Directory.
How to Enter the 2007 WordPress Theme Design Competition
The competition is open to everyone. It is free to enter, and there is no purchase required of any kind. All you have to do is follow the easy steps below.
- Design a new theme that showcases your talent. The theme must not be posted anywhere on the web.
- Place the Theme directory for your Entry in a .Zip file. The Zip file must be under 850 KB.
- Mention the competition with a link to this page from your website or blog. Don’t have a website? Start a blog for free at WordPress.
- Send us an email with the subject line of “2007 WordPress Theme Design Competition” to the entry email address below. Include the Zip file and the URL of your link to us from your site or blog. If you use any plugins, include a link in the email to the plugin page at the WordPress site where the plugin is listed.
Entry email Address:
competitions [AT] designvitality.com
The Last Date to Submit an Entry
The last date to submit an entry has been extended until December 19th, 2007.